This wireless version of the 'Breeze' ambient monitoring sensor node enables measurement of temperature, humidity and so-called 'VOC' or volatile organic compounds. It connects via a WiCAN bridge device, and can do so together with over 100 other WiCAN slave nodes. This solution enables temporary or very dynamic measurements while staying compatible with the rest of the CANopen network.
Use this device to monitor climate across the factory floor. Or to monitor temperatures in constrained areas that house power circuits. Not so much as a specific safety measure, but rather as an early warning system.
Optional special cases allow for neat storage, transportation of a collection of WiCAN sensor devices. These cases contain integrated Qi chargers to allow for hassle-free charging of the devices.
- Measure temperature, humidity and VOC values
- CANopen® fieldbus, generic I/O module profile CiA 401
- Possibility for branding or custom firmware with specific behaviour
Network functions (via a CANopen gateway/master)
- Stream measurements via JSON
- View data directly via HTML, no cloud needed
- Logging to micro-SD card
- Node ID assigned via serial number
- Configuration & firmware update
Note that this device also requires a receiver / CAN-bus bridge to bring the data back to the wired CAN-bus domain. Future versions of our gateway may include such receiver build-in.
- Measure temperature -40° to +125°C 1 with ±0.1% accuracy 2
- Measure humidity 0-100%RH with ±1.5% accuracy 2
- Measure VOC (ethanol) 0-1000ppm with accuracy ±15% between 0.3ppm and 30ppm
- Update rate defaults to 1×/second. Changeable via TPDO SYNC-type configuration, or to CiA-401-style event triggers
- IEEE 802.15.4 protocol using XBee technology with integrated antenna
- Globally approved 2.4GHz ISM band
- Maximum wireless bandwidth ~100kbps
- Distance 60m indoors, up to 1200m outdoors
- CANopen® device profile for generic I/O modules (CiA 401)
- CANopen SYNC-message PLL to reduce radio latency jitter effects
- Supports LSS node ID assignment and Fastscan (CiA 305)
- Up-to-date EDS file generated by and downloadable from the device
- Supports firmware update via USB or wireless CAN interface, including firmware of the XBee radio module
- Supports power management & monitoring features (CiA 302-9 + custom)
- Li+ polymer battery 1800mAh / 6.7Wh
- Qi wireless charging receiver
- Micro-USB for alternative configuration and wired charging
- Breathing enclosure 100x60x17mm
- Integrated magnet makes device stick to Qi charger and to ferrous surfaces
- ATEX intrinsic safety 'ic' (IEC 60079-11)
Plug & Play configuration
Out of the box, the device is configured to switch to OPERATIONAL state autonomously. The node-ID is programmed to 1 and one TPDO is configured for timer-based event trigger. This means the device can be used simply by listening to 'raw' CAN ID 0x181 to receive the periodic readings from the sensor. (Raw meaning without any CANopen stack or functionality on the receiving end.) Our out-of-the-box self-assiging node-ID feature allows to devices to learn the next free node-ID which it can use (this requires the devices to be connected one at a time to a powered network).
- Self-assigning node ID, starting at 10
- Automatic switch to NMT state OPERATIONAL
- TPDO1 (CAN-ID 0x180+$NODEID) sends temperature, humidity and VOC every second
- All defaults can be changed using SDO or LSS configuration
|No products yet, please email for your inquiries...|