This 'Breeze' ambient monitoring sensor node enables measurement of temperature, humidity and so-called 'VOC' or volatile organic compounds. Breeze features CANopen®-compatible fieldbus connectivity. That allows for connecting of many (up to 127) sensors with large separation distances using robust and reliable CAN-bus technology (spanning up to 5km at low bit-rate).
Use this device to monitor climate across the factory floor. Or to monitor temperatures in constrained areas that house power circuits. Not so much as a specific safety measure, but rather as an early warning system.
A lite version of this sensor (without the VOC detector) is used in our ambient monitoring network.
- Measure temperature, humidity and VOC values
- CANopen® fieldbus, generic I/O module profile CiA 401
- Possibility for branding or custom firmware with specific behavior
Network functions (via a CANopen gateway/master)
- Stream measurements via JSON
- View data directly via HTML, no cloud needed
- Logging to micro-SD card
- Node-ID assigned via serial number
- Configuration & firmware update
- Measure temperature -40° to +125°C with ±0.2% accuracy1
- Measure humidity 0-100%RH with ±2% accuracy
- Measure VOC (ethanol) 0-1000ppm with accuracy ±15% between 0.3ppm and 30ppm
- CANopen® device profile for generic I/O modules (CiA 401)
- Supports LSS node-ID assignment and Fastscan (CiA 305)
- Supports automatic bit-rate detection between 10kbps and 1Mbps (CiA 801)
- Up-to-date EDS file generated by and downloadable from the device
- Supports power management & monitoring features (CiA 302-9 + custom)
- Bus powered 6-36VDC, power ~80mW
- Breathing enclosure 59x26x12mm
- Fitted with 3m pigtail cable, other solutions (M8, M12, RJ10) on request
- ATEX intrinsic safety 'ic' (IEC 60079-11)
Plug & Play configuration
Out of the box, the device is configured to switch to OPERATIONAL state autonomously. The node-ID is programmed to 1 and one TPDO is configured for timer-based event trigger. This means the device can be used simply by listening to 'raw' CAN ID 0x181 to receive the periodic readings from the sensor. (Raw meaning without any CANopen stack or functionality on the receiving end.) Our out-of-the-box self-assigning node-ID feature allows to devices to learn the next free node-ID which it can use (this requires the devices to be connected one at a time to a powered network).
- Self-assigning node-ID, starting at 1
- Automatic switch to NMT state OPERATIONAL
- TPDO1 (CAN-ID 0x180+$NODEID) sends temperature, humidity and VOC every second
|80-943-101||CAN.net Ambient sensor 'Breeze' pigtail 3m||Preorder only||€ 95 ex VAT|
'CANopen' is a registered trademark of CAN in Automation (CiA)