CAN-bus installations running at long distances and low speeds can use fairly long stub lines. This allows for a simpler wiring topology where the different nodes can be placed up to 5 meters away from the 'backbone'. Particularly on long distances, this is extra beneficial because the effective length of the CAN-bus can remain shorter, which saves on wiring cost and - more importantly - reduces voltage drops along the line.
To aid such install, we designed this new fieldbus distribution box, which allows for up to 4, 6, 10 or 13 cable segments to be joined together. This is done with 6-pin pluggable screw terminal connections. These allow for more convenient and enable easy disconnection of segments. The connections are mounted in an IP66-rated glass-fiber reinforced polyester enclosures with M16 holes for cable glands.
- Available with 4, 6, 10 or 13 ports
- Available with standard grey polyester (GRP) enclosure or with antistatic black enclosure
- Supplied without cable glands or stoppers, some common types are available separately
- Also available as OEM boards without enclosure
- 3.81mm pluggable 6-pin screw terminal blocks
- 1.3mm signal clearance & creepage
- 2.0mm copper traces, 70μm thick
- 120Ω switchable PTC termination resistor
- M16 cable gland entries
- Modifications and custom design possible, let's discuss your requirements!