CAN-bus installations running at long distances and low speeds can use fairly long stub lines. This allows for a simpler wiring topology where the different nodes can be placed up to 5 meters away from the 'backbone'. Particularly on long distances, this is extra beneficial because the effective length of the CAN-bus can remain shorter, which saves on wiring cost and - more importantly - reduces voltage drops along the line.
To aid such install, we have this field bus distribution box, which allows for up to 6 or 12 cable segments to be joined together. This is done with 5-pole spring terminal connections. The connections are mounted in an IP67/NEMA4X rated polycarbonate enclosure with M16 holes for cable glands. Integrated termination resistor and 2mm multimeter probe-points allow for easy configuration and diagnostic of the network wiring.
- 6× 3.5mm spring clamp terminal block
- 1.3mm signal clearance & creepage
- 2.0mm copper traces, 70μm thick
- 120Ω termination resistor with 40mA fuse, fuse also acts as termination enable switch
- 6× M16 cable gland entry + 2× M16 blind plugs (included, also 4 blanking plugs)
- 115x65mm Polycarbonate enclosure 55mm high
- Flange mounting, width 145mm
- ATEX II 3GD increased safety 'ec' (IEC 60079-7), type of protection 'nA' (IEC 60079-15) and dust enclosure 'tc' (IEC 60079-31)
- Modifications and custom design possible, let's discuss your requirements!
|80-942-203||12-way 5-Pin distribution box||In stock||€ 120 ex VAT|
|80-942-303||12-way 5-Pin distribution box ATEX||Preorder only||€ 150 ex VAT|
|80-942-335||6-way 5-Pin distribution box ATEX||In stock||€ 105 ex VAT|
|80-942-905||5-Pin male M12 CAN connector (installed)||In stock||€ 19 ex VAT|
|80-942-906||5-Pin female M12 CAN connector (installed)||In stock||€ 19 ex VAT|